Taskforce44 Fleet Command HQ

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Battles and Strategy suggestions

5 posters

Go down

Team Battles and Strategy suggestions Empty Team Battles and Strategy suggestions

Post by Taipan17 Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:21 am

Hi Captains,

Thanks to all the players of team games.

After three frustrating days of team battles, Billy has it right. We need a rock solid plan and we need to use our strengths rather than get bashed by our weaknesses.

We have strong BB and CA players who play team games atm.

My suggestion is we:

1. Form a core group of 2 BB with one CA for AA and DD cover. 1 BB is the leader who designates the targets using F3. The 3 ships stay within 5 km of each other. If necessary 1 ship can detach but must tell the others so that the other 2 stay together.
  2. Form a second group of hunter CA. Same rules. They stay within 5 km of each other. Also they remain within 10-15 km of core group for mutual support. These two CA stay together irrespective of other occurrences
  3. If someone plays a CV it has to stay with and behind BB group. No one detaches to return to it if it isn't with the BB group.
  4. If one or two players select DD then those players act as a scout/scout pair. They go out and scout/cap but allow the two main groups to catch up before moving on.

This gives the team flexibility whilst keeping it cohesive. The team Commander is the boss BB captain. The CA and DD sections each decide who leads. This plays to our strengths and minimises our weaknesses.

Thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated

Cheers 
Taipan
Taipan17
Taipan17
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Team Battles and Strategy suggestions Empty Re: Team Battles and Strategy suggestions

Post by Moganite Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:56 pm

Good ideas there just a few things.

I have looked at the statistics of both team line ups.

Most of us have reasonably good statistics except for 1 player who I won't name that has less than 5k average damage in team battles and 10k in randoms. I know that both Billy and kaminari are excellent players from what have seen. I think I could do with quite alot of improvement. though the 2 ships of mine that let me down and the team are the hatsahru and colorado. My performance in those 2 ships is one I want expunged.  I know that we all have areas that can be improved and we need to  identify and and work on them.

My main ship in team play is the blyskawicia I have an accuracy of 45% and 27k average damage weakest on BBs but its the the other way in randoms for me.  I do about as well with CV as I do with the blyskawicia. I prefer BBs though and CA then CV then DD. And I wont say that I am good

We also need  to do our jobs In the one battle I was in  the Colorado and did 5 k damage why cause I had to close the range or rtke fire from teir BBs that all have longer range. Our cruisers  and DDs were behind me not keeping their DDs and CAs  off me  most of the damage I took was in the form of torpedoes. The Colorado can deal out the damage equivalent to take round 50 k  damage off a Tirpitz if it is handled ok handled well and you might actually be able to sink one.

To even be a semi decent player in ranked you needed to play to the objectives and do  the role/job your ship was intended for. I also have the mindset of  gaining  more points than my ship is worth. there are a few ways that can be done  but they come in 2 broad categories costing the enemy points and gaining my team points. And yes in ranked I used T7s mostly and in the second season I got to rank 5. With a mix of t7s and T8  last season just gone I could only get to rank 8.

a plan is necessary  but you also need to have flexibility. Isnt there an adage in the military that the first  casualty of any battle is the plan. No plan survives contact with the enemy.
Moganite
Moganite
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Team Battles and Strategy suggestions Empty Re: Team Battles and Strategy suggestions

Post by ADM dude Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:08 pm

Firstly, can i apologise to all the guys (and/or girls) that play with me. I am naturally a pi**ed off person, and i try not let rip but it leaks out sometimes.

But to add to what Mog's said about roles, really at no point (give or take situations) should a Nagato be running around killing all the enemy DDs. I won't say any more there.

I'm probably an average player at best, I usually find myself in BBs or CAs but I can do DDs too. I like to think I'm an all rounder. Just dont ask me to CV, unless you want a 312 Ryujou going in circles.

On that note and this is not directed at anybody. If you're better at other ships please dont feel obliged to run CV just because we dont have one. Personally, I would prefer one good DD/CA/BB to an average CV player. More CAs means more AA which can keep the plane threat somewhat controllable.

I like Taipan's ideas and I agree that at a minimum the force needs to stay close. However Mogs is correct in saying "that the first  casualty of any battle is the plan. No plan survives contact with the enemy." But if we stay somewhat together and not run away individually or even in pairs (3 may be ok depending), i think it will be ok.
ADM dude
ADM dude
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Taipan17 Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:41 pm

Thanks Moganite and ADM_dude for the well thought out replies.

I am by far the most inexperienced player of the players in the team. I am working on improving but this continues to be a slow process. 

TF44 has been great for finding division partners. I would like to be part of a team that plays regularly. From our limited exposure to team games, it seems that Friday night and / or Saturday night will be the usual nights that interested players will be available to play as a team.

Mog and ADM make great points about players sticking to their roles based on the ships they have chosen to play in. Also that each player contributes to the team by playing to re-enforce the teams situation and attacking or defending for it.

The thoughts in my first post are about having a team / unit structure which allows everyone to play as a cohesive unit. An actual battle plan is best left to the wiser heads.

Cheers

Taipan
Taipan17
Taipan17
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob778 Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:47 pm

Okay from what iv'e gathered from the drubbings iv'e received if your a DD player i think the best type of DD you cab use is a DD killer. I dont play DD's but if your DD can take out the other sides quickly its a real help.

Second im thinking your better off choosing the New Mex over the Colorado (USA only) in battles right now as the Mex is far more accurate and if you can focus on the cruisers first you can eliminate 1 or 2 of them quickly.

At this point hopefully you've taken out 1 DD and a couple of cruisers which has the enemy team on the backfoot and you can start behaving aggressively, take both bases if possible and start to really gun for the enemy BB's.

And finally i think we need to take our time and not worry about getting any of the bases as with only 7 ships most games are settled by being destroyed, so starting off slow and finishing fast seems to be a half decent gameplan.

C
Bob778
Bob778
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Danaussie Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:57 am

Great thread...love this, good stuff guys.

Dan
Danaussie
Danaussie
Admin

https://wowstaskforce44.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down