Taskforce44 Fleet Command HQ

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merry Christmas Message

2 posters

Go down

Merry Christmas Message Empty Merry Christmas Message

Post by Danaussie Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Hello All Taskforce44 Members,

It has been a long time since I have been able to be online, so firstly I will apologise for the length of this post but I have some things I need to share with you all out of respect for you all so please read this.

I had tried to contact Taipan as my 2IC to try to inform him of my situation in relation to my internet connection, but so far I don't know whether the message got to him or even if he received it so that is why I am writing this post so at least everyone knows what is going on.

My family and I moved house back in September to Mollymook Beach, we had already arranged for our internet service before we left through Telstra, a telephone, Foxtel and internet package. I thought I could make the move and I would only be offline for a maximum of 3 weeks (which has never been unusual for me). Once we got here, we discovered that Telstra did not have the infrastructure available here to support ADSL Broadband and would not be upgrading the service until NBN arrived in God-Knows-When.

OMG!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

As soon as this became an absolute certainty, and after exhausting every possible avenue, I sent a message to Taipan so at least everyone would know where I was.

My friends I will not be able to play WoWs until NBN becomes available and I'm not sure when that will be some people have said July 2017 others have said sooner, while others have said much later...who is right is anyones guess at this stage. I have a Portable Wi-Fi Dongle but this is not adequate to play online games, I will only be able to log onto Taskforce44 HQ and take care of business here, even Curse is data sapping so will probably not be able to use that.

By the time I return to the water, I will be so far behind everyone it will be ridiculous, but that is the bitter pill I have no choice but to swallow....and that's not the only one either. I run an online business, and that has suffered too as a result of the move, my children as well have had no internet service either for their school studies.

My friends I'm extremely pissed off at our nations lack of foresight in relation to the NBN and compared to the rest of the world we are still in the fucking stone age (sorry for my French) when we cannot even cover the whole of the east coast of Australia in 2016...its an absolute joke.

My friends I will be with you all as soon as I am able, but until then I wish you all well on the water, I thank all of you for making Taskforce44 what it is today, I thank all of you for your dedication to our modest club, and of course thank you all for your patience in relation to my lengthy absence.

I wish to extend to you and to each of your families my best wishes for a Merry Christmas, and a safe and prosperous New Year.

Cheers guys ZeemanSalute

Dan (Co-Founder Taskforce44)
Danaussie
Danaussie
Admin

https://wowstaskforce44.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas Message Empty Re: Merry Christmas Message

Post by Tagnbag Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Damn that sucks! Just when we need you to come clean out the TF44 CHAT .. somehow its changed from kiwi/aussie to multinational hangout .. no offense to the other nationalities but it was always a place just for us .. the one hideout in game for talk of bangers and roos .. lol
Tagnbag
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Danaussie Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Hey Tag, yeah....kinda knew that would happen since there was never ever really a way to verify a persons nationality. Still Aussies and Kiwis are still free to be themselves and play along with a crew that is predominantly Aussie and Kiwi.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family mate, hope I can be on the water with you all sooner rather than later.

cheers

Dan
Danaussie
Danaussie
Admin

https://wowstaskforce44.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down